Tuesday 17 June 2008

Bigger Than Barry Beach Party 08

OH.MY.DAYS.

Photobucket

For those of you that know, Bigger Than Barry is a club night originating in Birmingham. These guys hold some of the best nights in the country & constantly book the hottest DJs & usually have venues rammed. Last year, they booked the crew as well as my homegirl Goldielocks. I got to Birmingham, was violently ill, fell asleep at a bus stop & paid for a train home (despite the fact I already had a return ticket) in a dizzy haze. I missed the event & ended up spending more money than I would have been paid. Not a good look.

Well, this year they did it all again. And I was damned if I was gonna miss out this time.

When we got there, the place was rammed. & I mean rammeeeed. You could not move. The line-up? Shower:

Oneman, L-Vis, Tayo, Mumdance, Vinyl Is...need I go on?

Photobucket

Oneman did his thing with one the best sets I've ever seen. I swear, that man is next level with his deck skills.

Photobucket

We followed & MY WORD. I was not ready.
Photobucket

I was on a chair & after we dropped "I Spy" (& spun it back 3 times!), that was it. The crowd went mental. I was standing on a chair so I could be seen & I got pushed off it because the crowd was skanking so hard! So, what to do? Only one thing I could do:
Photobucket

I climbed on top of the beach hut & did the rest of the set there (big up Sugarbear on that one).

Photobucket
Big up the Notts crew for traveling all that way to skank out!

Photobucket
Big up Charlie Victor & Natalie Esq.

Photobucket
...Now I never saw this happen, but I think it should become a fixture of all Tomb Crew gigs.

Shout outs to:
James Cresser, Skanky, Josh & crew, Laura McBeth, Mr Clip, The BNTL Crew & all the people who turned up & made it such an amazing night.

BIGGEST of thank yous to the Barry Crew for having us.

Photos courtesy of the good folks at:
Better Never Than Late

No comments: