Tuesday 18 November 2008

Back In The Daze

You know me, I'm on my old school sh*t. I can't help it! Tunes used to be classic. Don't believe me? Here's three that prove it:

Bel Amour - "Bel Amour"


This tune had clubs on lock for months. It's funky, catchy & still sounds fresh today. A classic if ever I heard one.

Indo - "R U Sleeping (Bump N Flex Remix)"


This is an often forgotten, but essential 2 step track which laid the foundations for MJ Cole, Artful Dodger & the melodic summer of garage that was to follow.

Layo & Bushwaka, Kings Of Tomorrow and Tim Deluxe- "Finally: A Love Story (featuring Julie McKnight)"


This is possibly my favourite club song ever. it's just incredible. The vocals, the production, everything about this is sublime. This is what club music should be. Listening to this borders on euphoric. It's deserving of a much better video, but that doesn't detract from what a stunning composition this really is.


All these tracks are available on Ministry Of Sound's: The Anthem's Volume 2

No comments: