Tuesday 20 May 2008

Things I (Don't) Like

Photobucket

Do you see that tee? I own this. I had to go through so much hassle to get one. I called people at Def Jam I haven't spoken to in years. I got a white one & sent it back. I made calls, e-mails. (I had a lot of time on my hands, but that's besides the point)

I wanted to wear it in support of Nas, whom the t-shirt promotes. You'd be ashamed to wear this, right? Which is exactly Nas' point. Why do we continue to address each other by a derogatory term which it would shame us to be named by others?

Nas claimed that he was titling his new album "Nigger" in an attempt to talk about the word & the issues surrounding it. A lot of people doubted him, but I stayed faithful, hoping for an intelligent release from this often inconsistent, self proclaimed "prophet".

Yesterday, it was announced that Nas had caved to label pressure & was going to be releasing a self titled album instead.

In the unlikely event this ever gets back to Nas: You are a coward. If you set out to do something, see it through. You let a lot of people down with this one.

Photobucket

No comments: