Sunday 11 May 2008

There's Something ABout Ashlee

I've always liked Ashlee Simpson. She's something of an underdog. The smarter, funnier sister to a more popular, much stupider little sister, her life could almost be a sitcom (believe me, I'd love to write it, but I just don't have that kind of time on my hands).


Her label tried everything to make her blow up. A rock chick image, which failed. Then a beef with Lindsay Lohan, which also failed. Then she was caught miming and all hope seemed lost. Until this...



I don't really care what anyone else thinks of this, I love it. Obviously the video is a little to close to Gwen Stefani's "What You Waiting For?" & she'll catch some flak for it, but the track rocks. It's produced by Timbaland (still the man) & written by Santogold (still not sure how I feel about her).

I wish Ms. Simpson all the luck in the world with this one. Oh, & now I'm thinking about it, "What You Waiting For?" is a tune. Let's watch shall we?

No comments: