Thursday 11 September 2008

Disney's back!!



Disney fell off. Yearrsss ago. I think it was The Lion King. But, after that, they never had a classic film. There were signs of brilliant work (Tarzan was decent), but nothing that matched the brilliance of The Sword In The Stone, Basil The Great Mouse Detective or Robin Hood.

Then Pixar came along & saved Disney's ass from the pits of animation Hell. Toy Story changed film &, well, you know the rest...

But even with Pixar showing how it should be done, Disney still couldn't get it right. When they weren't ripping off Pixar badly (Meet The Robinsons), they were ripping off Dreamworks (the Madagascar wannabe The Wild is the most blatant plagiarism I have seen in some time).

But, finally, it looks like they've got it right. I don't want to get too excited being this only the first trailer, but my, this looks special. Travolta is always good, they seem to have kept Miley Cryus' role to a minimum, what's not to like? Plus, that hamster is A-MAZE-ZING.

The cynic in me is a little mad that the subplot's are both borrowed from Pixar films, but I'll forgive it, cos it's nice to finally have Disney back. I've missed it.

No comments: